Garfish is a small sweet fish with excellent, delicate flesh and clean ocean flavours.
WILD CAUGHT PORT WAKEFIELD GARFISH WITH ROSEMARY POTATOES AND FRESH GARDEN SALAD
BY Colin Doherty
- Wild caught Port Wakefield garfish
- Plain flour (substitute for gluten free if required)
- Garden rosemary
- Local olive oil
- Fresh salad
- Salad dressing
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a small, food safe plastic bag.
- Add fillets and shake in bag.
- Take out fillets, dusting off flour as much as possible.
- Gently heat a little olive oil in a frypan.
- Pan fry fillets for only a couple of minutes each side, skin side first, then turn.
- Serve with oven roasted potatoes cooked with sprinkled rosemary and salt.
- Garnish with a fresh garden salad, salad dressing and a fresh lemon wedge from a local backyard tree!
Two garfish fillets per serve
Salt of the Earth Café, Port Wakefield
12 Burra Street
0407 398 018
Enjoy eating locally caught seafood as often as possible!